21st CENTURY MOMS

You Too Can Telecommute.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Romper Room

Romper Room was a children's television series which ran in the United States from 1953 to 1994 as well as at various times in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. The program was targeted at pre-schoolers (children five years of age or younger).

At the end of each broadcast, the hostess would look through a "magic mirror" (in reality, just a small transparent mirror with a handle) and name the children she saw in "televisionland."

She would begin with the rhyme: "Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic mirror, tell me today. Have all my friends been good at play?" She would then lead into "I can see Scotty and Kimberly and Julie and Jimmy and Marcie and all of you boys and girls out there!" To give the children the impression that they might be the next one called, the names were changed every day.

And over 50 years later we have?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home